Hyatt Regency Toronto, ON
Day 3: Customer Loyalty: How To Bring Your Customers Further Into Your Brand
7:40 am - 8:40 am Continental Breakfast & Registration For All Attendees In The eTail Expo Hall
8:40 am - 8:45 am Welcome Remarks
8:45 am - 9:00 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
9:00 am - 9:20 am The Future Of Customer Loyalty: In A Highly Competitive Retail Landscape, Why Will They Continue To Choose You?
How to drive customer engagement is the million dollar question for retailers, and the answer is ever-evolving. Michael Gawtrey spearheads the loyalty strategy for the $5B home improvement retailer Home Hardware Stores, a national leader in both online and retail sales. He is here to share how they’ve learned to cut through the competition and succeed in engaging customers time and time again. You’ll learn
- The current and future landscape of customer engagement and retention
- What customers need from your brand to stay loyal
- Answers to the question – why will they continue to choose you?
Michael GawtreyDirector, Loyalty & CRM – Pro & Consumer
Home Hardware Stores
9:20 am - 9:55 am The Heart, Purpose, And Integrity Of Your Brand Is The Key To Your Staying Power
Canadian consumers will pay a premium for two things: products that reflect their value system and products that are made in Canada. It is increasingly more important for brands to provide transparency around how their products are made and sourced, and the footprint it has on the rest of the world, which is why Spud has put such an emphasis on sustainability and climate change. Aside from their online grocery delivery, their platform FoodX just partnered with Walmart to eliminate plastic waste in their grocery bags. In this heart-felt and tactical keynote, you’ll learn:
- Your brand’s human story that changes the perception of your company from corporation to a living, breathing entity they, as the consumer, can contribute to
- How to showcase your social purpose in every detail, including all touch points both online and in person
- Communicating your sustainability and, if applicable, the Made in Canada advantage
Peter van StolkCEO & Managing Director
9:55 am - 10:25 am Best Buy On How To Deliver An Award-Winning Omni-Channel Experience
Best Buy’s eCommerce net sales are generated almost entirely in Canada, and that is no mistake. Brendan is responsible for driving the hugely profitable online customer experience for Bestbuy.ca and has learned some surprising lessons along the way. In this riveting talk, you’ll learn
- Insights on best-in-class approaches to all eCommerce platforms including web, mobile, social and shopping
- How to effectively analyze data to develop smart data-driven solutions
- Strength and strategies in breaking past silos and working with all functional eCommerce areas
Brendan ToupinDirector, eCommerce
Best Buy Canada
10:25 am - 10:55 am Refreshment & Networking Break
11:15 am - 11:55 am Panel: Buy Online And Pick Up In Store: Mastering The Speed Of eCommerce With The Human Elements Of Brick And Mortar
BOPIS (Buy Online Pick Up in Store) is becoming progressively more prevalent and provides incredible convenience for the busy individual who saves hours in the process. However, there is an entire ecosystem behind the scenes working to make this seamless from start to finish and much to consider. You will learn:
- Examples of stellar return on investment from BOPIS, plus lessons learned from BOPIS strategies that didn’t work initially
- Unexpected inventory and fraud challenges and what to do about them
- How to impress and delight the customer by over-communicating everything about their purchase from start to finish
Andrew GoSr. Director, e-Commerce and Advertising
The Home Depot Canada
Mitchell YappDirector of Media & Analytics
11:55 am - 12:15 pm Navigating And Controlling Your Online Reputation With Customer Reviews In Mind
Mike Gettis Founder and CEO Endy
Mike Gettis Founder and CEO Endy
Online customer reviews are an essential building block in anyone’s business in 2020. Mike Gettis, CEO of Endy, Canada’s most trusted online mattress brand, shares the value of cementing your company’s reputation with customer reviews. From garnering feedback from customers to providing best-in-class customer care through strong relationships, the path to five stars is well-worth the effort.
Mike GettisFounder and CEO
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm Lunch For All Attendees
1:45 pm - 2:15 pm Fireside Chat: Not Your Grandmother’s Tea
Takara Small, award-winning journalist, entrepreneur and technology columnist for CBC's Metro Morning in conversation with Damon Sloane, Vice President of Ecommerce & Customer Experience at DAVIDsTEA.
DAVIDsTEA is currently engaged in a major digital transformation - get an inside look at what a digital transformation looks like as it unfolds in real time. Learn how DAVIDsTEA is using AI, mobile technologies and personalization to bring an industry that is over 3000 years old to today’s modern consumer.
- Learn about the challenges to company culture and the daily impact on the people.
- Understand the mindset of C-level executives and how to influence them.
- Gain insights into why shifting to a truly customer centric mindset sets you up for success.
- Meet DAVI, the virtual tea guide delivering AI driven, personalized tea recommendations who has come to embody the digital transformation.
Damon SloaneVice President, eCommerce
1:15 pm - 2:00 pm Creative Boardroom (Retailer Only): Taking A Local Brand And Going Global
This closed room session is small to encourage peer to peer exchange of in-depth information. Participants will be encouraged to help guide the conversation with the ability to choose from what questions they would like to focus on, including:
- How you drive emotional commitment to your brand through immersive rewards programs
- How to create brand affinity by moving from transaction to experience
- How to break through the clutter and stand out
Stephen AikmanOwner and President
All Natural Advice
2:15 pm - 2:55 pm Panel: Subscription Box Pioneers On Their Path To Winning Personalized Customer Experiences
In this session of industry pioneers, we bring together the leaders of the subscription box world who continue to connect with their customers on a deep, emotional level that exponentially grows over time. You’ll learn:
- How these executives got their customers to fall in love, and stay in love, with their monthly boxes and the brand community
- The winning mindset, technologies, and processes that brought their subscription box model to homes across the country
- Where and how data played a role in understanding their target customers
- What a personalized, fun, immersive customer experience looks like for different markets
Lisa OwenCo-Founder and CEO
Rent frock Repeat
Christine DeehringFounder & CEO
2:55 pm - 3:20 pm Afternoon Networking & Refreshment Break
3:20 pm - 3:40 pm Customer Loyalty Across Countries, Being The Retailer Of Choice Internationally
3:40 pm - 4:10 pm Exploring Retail Theater: Fusing Retail And Digital Entertainment To Drive Engagement
With eCommerce and digital retail channels proliferating, bricks and mortar retail is rethinking what its core differentiating characteristics really are. Experiential retail and ‘retail theater’ are a new movement in bricks and mortar, to drive traffic and engage customers in a new way. Leveraging digital platforms to support an interactive, omni-channel retail environment, is proving to be the most effective way to win customers and their discretionary spending power.
Justin’s experience at the intersection of the luxury department store and some of the world’s most powerful luxury brands, places him in a unique position to witness this transformation. Luxury retail has been a slow adopter of eCommerce, as experience and craftsmanship – key tenets of most luxury brands – are very hard elements to communicate digitally. As a result, this is an industry undergoing massive transformation, but rather than simply moving all sales online, it is instead focusing on leveraging digital channels to build brand equity and drive traffic to stores.
In his session, Justin will try to identify some of the key structural pillars underlying this trend, and highlight how the luxury world is bringing this experiential retail concept to a mall near you.
Justin SannellaDVP, Strategic Partnerships
4:10 pm - 4:30 pm Cultivating An Employee Experience So Good That The Customers Experience It
Parachute Digital Solutions is a digital insurance agency created and backed by a world-leading reinsurer, Munich Re. We are building a community of brokers, insurers, brands and customers. We're building for carriers who want to transcend legacy systems and build real-time connection with their customers. We're building for customers who want insurance they can understand. We help people and the insurance industry understand each other better. Buying coverage through Parachute Digital Solutions gets you transparent and authentic service and protection you can trust.
This discussion will address:
- Complete customer-first thinking, from tech to processes and strategy
- Leveraging partnerships, platforms and insights to deliver unparalleled customer experience
- Creating, fostering and growing open and non-vertical conversations towards a common goal
Brahm BoothProject Manager