15 - 17 May, 2018
Hyatt Regency Toronto, ON
Day One: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 | eCommerce Brilliance Is Better Data and Fulfillment
Day One will kick off with broad industry trends and a “lay of the land.” This overview will immerse attendees in strategic thinking about current challenges and opportunities from a macro perspective. Given the universal pressures imposed by Amazon, the day will then break into tracks focusing on two major pillars of Amazon’s success: sophisticated use of data and super fast fulfilment. We will end the day with a toast to these exciting times in the world of e-commerce at the welcome reception!
7:40 am - 8:40 am Continental Breakfast & Registration for All Attendees in the Solutions Lounge
8:45 am - 9:00 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
9:00 am - 9:20 am I Don’t Feel Threatened: Our Game Plan to Drive In-Store Sales with Digital and Why it is WorkingRochelle Ezekiel, Vice President, Marketing – North America,Hudson’s Bay Company
Yes, the competition is fierce, but so is the team at Canada’s #1 retailer. Rochelle Ezekiel will delve into HBC’s ongoing digital evolution, focusing on:
- Evolving your integrated marketing plan to get consumers shopping where they want to and with you!
- How to influence consumer behavior through digital tactics
- How content plays a key role
- The channels you need to watch closely
Rochelle EzekielVice President, Marketing – North America
Hudson’s Bay Company
9:20 am - 9:40 am Maintaining Your Company’s Competitive Edge in a Landscape of Unrelenting ChangeAnne Donohoe, Chief Marketing Officer,Mountain Equipment Co-Op
Surviving and thriving amid the ongoing digital disruption of retail means using every advantage you have to meet the needs of the customer. Anne Donohoe will share how leveraging customer insights, new technology and relationship marketing techniques have enhanced the MEC customer experience and maximized profits.
- Taking inspiration from companies that are thriving despite pricing pressures
- Focusing on what makes your company’s offering relevant to customers
- Playing catch up in digital adoption
Anne DonohoeChief Marketing Officer
Mountain Equipment Co-Op
9:40 am - 10:20 am PANEL (Tonight Show Style): Knowing Your Goals Is Half the Battle: Benchmarks and KPIs for Canadian Retailers Across ChannelsJohnny Russo, Associate Vice President, Digital Marketing & eCommerce,Mark's Tom Maryniarczyk, Director of Analytics, Data Science, Experimentation and SEO,Walmart.ca Davinder Singh, Head of Marketing,Wayfair.ca Emir Ozdemir, Director, Digital Analytics & Optimization,Rogers Communications Mario Lemieux, Partner and Vice President, Business Development,DAC Group
Mission statements and strategic initiatives to increase consumer engagement and adopt e-commerce practices are energizing and inspiring – and benchmarks help make them attainable. This session will delve into the nuts and bolts of KPIs to consider in terms of business performance when it comes to making your company’s retail dream board a reality.
- Defining healthy levels for engagement numbers, click throughs, etc.
- Supporting internal advocacy efforts for your company’s growth areas and need to invest in specific areas with industry statistics
- What story do statistics tell and how to interpret them
Tom MaryniarczykDirector of Analytics, Data Science, Experimentation and SEO
Davinder SinghHead of Marketing
Emir OzdemirDirector, Digital Analytics & Optimization
Mario LemieuxPartner and Vice President, Business Development
Johnny RussoAssociate Vice President, Digital Marketing & eCommerce
10:20 am - 11:00 am Morning Refreshments & Networking Break in the Solutions Lounge
11:00 am - 11:35 am Hot or Not – The Top Tech Investments For Retailers and WhyBrendan Witcher, Vice President, Principal Analyst – Digital Business Strategy,Forrester
To succeed in the dynamic and constantly evolving world of retail today, organizations must match the rapid pace of rising customer expectations with technology investments that deliver exceptional customer experiences. But no retailer can do it all, and good strategy requires prioritizing what is important today (and deprioritizing what can wait until tomorrow). In this session, we will discuss important (and surprising!) trends in retail today, what capabilities leading retailers are making investments in now, and why these solutions are important for winning, serving, and retaining today’s digitally-savvy consumers.
Brendan WitcherVice President, Principal Analyst – Digital Business Strategy
11:35 am - 11:55 am Putting the Consumer [Data] Back in the Consumer ExperienceJames Connell, Vice President, E-Commerce and Marketing,Roots Rob Garf, VP, Industry Strategy & Insights,Salesforce
With all the talk about artificial intelligence (AI), the ability for retailers to manage and operationalize consumer data is more important than ever. Join this fireside chat with Rob Garf, VP, Industry Strategy & Insights at Salesforce and James Connell, VP, eCommerce and Marketing at Roots Canada as they discuss key findings based on global research conducted by Salesforce and Deloitte. Learn how leading retailers harness consumer data to enable AI, deliver personalized interactions, and unify the consumer experience.
James ConnellVice President, E-Commerce and Marketing
Rob GarfVP, Industry Strategy & Insights
11:55 am - 12:35 pm PANEL INTERACTIVE: Breaking Down Silos and Exploring Different Company Structures With Respect to E-CommerceJohnny Russo, Associate Vice President, Digital Marketing & eCommerce,Mark's Georgia Genovezos, Head of eCommerce,Ardene Jaylone Lee, Head of Marketing & eCommerce,Bestseller Brendan Toupin, Director, eCommerce,Best Buy Canada
Companies are striving to create a seamless customer experience but are finding that, in order to do so, internal silos must shift to facilitate an integrated approach to omni-channel retail. No two companies are alike when it comes to where and how to place the internal e-commerce and digital functions. This panel will delve into different structures and how they have solved or created challenges.
- Structuring the flow of information around the question “what is the business trying to achieve and how do we bring it to life on the website”
- Connecting the perspectives of all stakeholders (buying, planning, IT, marketing, operations) through the digital role to deploy a comprehensive omni-channel strategy
- Managing the culture shift
- Updating your structure to account for emerging channels like Facebook and needs like optimization and mobile
- Creating accountability and ownership
Johnny RussoAssociate Vice President, Digital Marketing & eCommerce
Georgia GenovezosHead of eCommerce
Jaylone LeeHead of Marketing & eCommerce
Brendan ToupinDirector, eCommerce
Best Buy Canada
11:55 am - 1:35 pm CREATIVE BOARDROOM: The Most Impactful Steps You Can Take To Influence Your Company's Digital JourneyDeborah Neff, Vice President, Marketing – Canada,Sephora
12:35 pm - 1:35 pm Lunch for All Attendees in The King Street Social Restaurant
1:35 pm - 2:35 pm RoundtablesMaggie Bettinson, Country Manager, Canada,Return Path Greg Zakowicz, Senior Analyst, Commerce Marketing,Bronto Software Melford Dixon, Director, Business Solutions,Ingram Micro
A highlight of eTail Canada, roundtable discussions are your best opportunity to deep-dive into discussions and idea-share with your peers. You pick 2 themes during this session.
1. Expand Your Reach by Improving Deliverability
Maggie Bettinson, Country Manager Canada, Return Path
2. Millennials and Gen-Zers. What Do They Want and How to Market to Them
Greg Zakowicz, Senior Commerce Marketing Analyst, Bronto Software
3. Topic In Development re Cost Reduction and Performance Improvement
Melford Dixon, Title, Sr. Business Development Manager, Ingram Micro Logistics
4. Topic in Development re Connecting Your Bricks and Mortar Retail Strategy to Ongoing Trends
Alanna Cantkier, National Director, Retail Leasing, Real Estate Management Services, Colliers International
5. Attracting Chinese consumers with Alipay and WeChat Pay
York Hua, Co-Founder, RiverPay
6. Topic In Development re Reducing Shopping Cart Abandonment
Presented by Paybright
Maggie BettinsonCountry Manager, Canada
Greg ZakowiczSenior Analyst, Commerce Marketing
Melford DixonDirector, Business Solutions
2:35 pm - 3:15 pm Refreshment Break & Networking in the Solutions Lounge
Perfecting Fulfillment3:15 pm - 3:25 pm Chairperson’s Afternoon Address Ryan Bennett, Sr. Business Development Manager, Canada,Ingram Micro
Data-Driven eCommerce3:25 pm - 3:45 pm CASE STUDY: The Journey to Mass Personalization: From Broadcast to Unicast Frederick Lecoq, Vice President, Marketing & eCommerce,Golf Town
Join Fred as he imparts the master strokes and sandtraps involved in turning around Golf Town’s business including:
- Rebuilding the marketing team
- CRM migration
- Driving an online sales increase of 10%
Frederick LecoqVice President, Marketing & eCommerce
Perfecting Fulfillment3:25 pm - 3:45 pm CASE STUDY: Attainable Goals: Canadian Order Fulfilment in Under an Hour Julian Gleizer, Co-Founder & CEO,Instabuggy
Last mile delivery is a universal pain point. Instabuggy has managed to meet customer expectations of delivery in as little as an hour for 2 years now. Join this session to hear how they make the magic happen, and manage to still turn a profit.
- Integrating real-time inventory of partners into a geo-location-based platform
- Decision making about crucial investments in human resources and how they have paid off
Julian GleizerCo-Founder & CEO
Perfecting Fulfillment3:45 pm - 4:05 pm CASE STUDY: Profitably Delivering On Heightened Consumer Expectations Dan Klenkar, Vice President, Sales – Operations Solutions,Radial
Join Radial and a Retail client, for a deep dive on what today’s consumers expect as it relates to order delivery and how retailers can meet those fulfillment & delivery expectations; while maintaining profitability.
Dan KlenkarVice President, Sales – Operations Solutions
Data-Driven eCommerce4:05 pm - 4:45 pm PANEL: Is This Wasted Money, Time, and Effort? Ascertaining Efficiency and Effectiveness in Digital Marketing James Vause, Regional Director,Transperfect Erin McKeever, Senior Strategist, Digital Engagement,Nestlé Purina PetCare Catherine Laporte, Head of Marketing & eCommerce,DAVIDsTEA Amit Goyal, SVP, Product and Engineering,Overstock.com
Advocating for digital spend with your executive team based on gut feeling and personal behavior just isn’t enough, but data linking digital spend to instore sales remains elusive. You know you can’t wait for perfect certainty when it comes to data. Here’s how you can get your leadership onboard and feel confidence in your spend.
- Can hybrid models draw data assumptions based on pure play commerce company sales?
- Approaches to expanding your online sales when it is 5% or less of your business
- Building a hybrid model: allocating between direct and indirect retail channels
- Using geo based experiments or other tech as a proxy to get you close
- Literal return on ad spend does exist, if you know where to look, and who to work with!
- Drawing connections between online views and instore purchases across platforms
- Exchanging data and aligning technology with partners
- Putting a strong focus on analytics
- Attributing a return on ad spend to a halo effect in the absence of direct correlation
- Creative ways to measure the impact of campaigns on stores
Erin McKeeverSenior Strategist, Digital Engagement
Nestlé Purina PetCare
Catherine LaporteHead of Marketing & eCommerce
Amit GoyalSVP, Product and Engineering
Perfecting Fulfillment4:05 pm - 4:45 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: What I Wish I Had Known: Pitfalls and Opportunities in Fulfillment Tara Conway, Vice President, eCommerce,The Source
Whether you are a bricks and mortar or pure play company, the jump into direct to customer delivery contains many challenges. This session will provide practical advice for newbies and experienced folks alike when it comes to:
- Setting up an online store or choosing a marketplace (Shopify, eBay, Amazon)
- Integrating with legacy store systems to support full inventory visibility
- Going from ship to store to a new distribution center
- Managing demand and inventory
- Lining up logistics to be able to deliver within the fastest timeframe (pick and pack, labels, warehouse facing, bundling, shipping abroad)
Tara ConwayVice President, eCommerce
Data-Driven eCommerce4:45 pm - 5:30 pm PANEL INTERACTIVE: Your Amazon Battleplan: Inspiration and Lessons Learned Richard Sejean, Director, eCommerce,Browns Shoes Andrew Go, Senior Director, e-Commerce and Advertising,The Home Depot Canada Tony Trew, Director, Marketing & eCommerce,Structube Justin Bones, Director, Online,Herschel Supply
“Resource.” “Threat.” “Partner.” No matter who you are, you cannot ignore Amazon. This spirited discussion will delve into the ways leading companies are standing beside the retail giant, or on its shoulders, to pursue their own paths to retail success.
- How can your company best position itself to leverage Amazon’s example while also protecting its market share?
- Amazon is winning through data and logistics, how is your company investing to compete?
Richard SejeanDirector, eCommerce
Andrew GoSenior Director, e-Commerce and Advertising
The Home Depot Canada
Tony TrewDirector, Marketing & eCommerce
Justin BonesDirector, Online
Perfecting Fulfillment4:45 pm - 5:30 pm PANEL INTERACTIVE: Developing Your Delivery Playbook: Making Delivery Fast and Cost Effective to Your Bottom Line Ryan Bennett, Sr. Business Development Manager, Canada,Ingram Micro Dan Klenkar, Vice President, Sales – Operations Solutions,Radial Daniel Sinniah, Director, Operations,Club Monaco Richard Betanzos, Director, eCommerce & Digital Marketing,Bentley Leathers Inc.
Consumer expectations have made free, fast shipping an implicit part of their customer experience. This is at complete odds with the hard reality that DELIVERY IS EXPENSIVE. This session will tackle this universal pain point, providing strategic takeaways when it comes to balancing the race to meet consumer expectations while protecting the long term sustainability of your business.
- Optimizing efficiencies in your operations to balance the expense of delivery
- Benefits of offering ship from stores
- Maximizing your delivery incentives to customers based on your business model and needs (high margin with brand awareness versus exclusive product at disruptive price point)
- Shipping internationally
Dan KlenkarVice President, Sales – Operations Solutions
Daniel SinniahDirector, Operations
Richard BetanzosDirector, eCommerce & Digital Marketing
Bentley Leathers Inc.